HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog inUsergroups

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Share | 

The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tempo_rubato

PostSubject: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   25th April 2010, 00:46

Hey, here's an interview with Jaroussky published in The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010 Sydney, Australia.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   25th April 2010, 23:09

Hi, thanks for reminder !

Here you are the same in big with a photo ( verrrry photoshoped) .

But....do Mr.Spinosi have six children already? I´m even not sure.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Il ragazzo * JaRoWi* on 26th April 2010, 08:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
karenpat

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   26th April 2010, 06:32

I wouldn't be surprised if Spinosi has six children, I only read somewhere that he named Ensemble Matheus after his first child Mathieu, implying that he now had several.. (And this Mathieu is already 20 years old and the spitting image of his father: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I hear he plays violin too but is mainly making a career as an actor)

On topic again: I'm impressed at how good Philippe is at keeping his private life VERY private. Ever since I discovered him I've assumed he was an only child since any siblings were never mentioned...
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   26th April 2010, 08:12

karenpat

I read, that Mr. Spinosi has five siblings himself, but his children...I know only about three. Mathieu played in Ensemble Matheus for some time and is good to see also on YT videos ( "Vedró con mio diletto" for example).

Private life of Mr. Jaroussky is not our matter . Point.

That is the reason, why I didn´t put this interview here already earlier.
I don´t believe in some passages there, to be honest. They look like rumors. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
karenpat

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   26th April 2010, 16:04

I suppose some journalists in some countries just love to dig up background info. I realized when I read it the 2nd time that they quoted a youtube comment as a source...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Also, journalists working in newspapers who are used to "pop star bios" as background material, where the bios give info such as the artist's upbringing, childhood, and stages of education before moving on to the career, may find it "boring" to read bios of classical artists that consist mostly of professional merits. That may have caused them to be a little more "creative"... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lumiere_137

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   10th September 2010, 04:28

I also think it's the best strategy not to reveal his private life, because in this way it's like Schrödinger's cat and people can choose to believe what they want to believe. You can convince yourself that he's straight, and for me, the opposite. And he loses neither of us! That said, were he straight, I'd love him all the same...give heart
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   11th September 2010, 16:17

lumiere_137

I agree, we should be just honest as also faithful to ourselves and to our "subject" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and to love him as he is and not "because gay " or " because straight" - each of us can be "different" in many ways and that is the reason to be thankful - all the same would be boring, no? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I admire him as an wonderful PERSON and MUSICIAN.

And I hope, you do the same.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lumiere_137

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   12th September 2010, 07:47

Jana, wink

Thanks for you understanding! smile
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   2nd October 2011, 15:35

Hmm... Women think he is cute, gay men think he is hot, straight man get the creeps.

That adds up to: he's gay allright.

And so what? He's not overdoing it, not a drag queen queer with silly screams and funny gestures, he's not in the Canal Boat Parade in Amsterdam wearing nothing but a fluffy pink bunny suit or something. He is not cumming in everybodies face, like some gay guys do, in a desperate attempt to overcome their own frustration.

He acts completely normal and civilized, and just like with any straight person nobody notices anything about his sexual preference, which is logical because the person he happened to fall in love with has nothing to do with how he sings, right?

I think he came out to protect Jean Christophe Spinosi, because these rumours could be damaging to his career. So many people are still homophobiacs. And I do not think that Mrs. Spinosi or the Spinosi offspring would particularly appreciate it if their husband and father were to be seen as "the man humping Philippe Jaroussky"...

Still: Philippe being gay is a loss to all of womanhood of course. wink But I am glad he has found that special someone and I wish them both all the happiness in the world. And they should keep the identity of the bf a big big secret, because everybody needs a little privacy.

Back to top Go down
karenpat

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   2nd October 2011, 17:50

carolineleiden wrote:

I think he came out to protect Jean Christophe Spinosi, because these rumours could be damaging to his career. So many people are still homophobiacs. And I do not think that Mrs. Spinosi or the Spinosi offspring would particularly appreciate it if their husband and father were to be seen as "the man humping Philippe Jaroussky"...

I don't see how anyone would think J.C. Spinosi was gay since he started Quator Matheus with his wife (and I think his sister and his brother-in-law, or the other way around) and he has a son who is a successful actor and violinist.. Plus, Philippe never made a decision to come out in public really, I suppose we just "know". Which is why I probably shouldn't talk any more about this. censored
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 00:47

carolineleiden

Quote :
He acts completely normal and civilized

I´m very sorry, do you mean thereby , that to be different , is not completely normal and civilized ? And what is then " normal" for you?

Quote :
just like with any straight person nobody notices anything about his sexual preference

Why somebody permitted himself ( herself) just to think to research about the " preferences" of somebody else?

I strongly believe, here is nothing to discuss- you have your private preferences ( straight I guess?) , other people have their own private preferences and their private lives .

I think also, it doesn´t matter whether the one or another is gay or lesbian or straight- the main thing is the human being behind the " preferences".

Quote :
like some gay guys do, in a desperate attempt to overcome their own frustration.

At this point I ´d advise you to continue in a psychologist - office but not here.

Thank you very much for your patience. I hope, I acted normal and civilized enough for you.

carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 08:22

Dear Artaserse , I am sorry to have offended you. I never meant to, and I don't see how, but apparently, that has happened, and I regret that.
I do not even know you, so I could'nt have anything against you. I don't.

Let me explain where I stand. As a straight woman from gay tolerant Holland. (Honestly, we don't give a ****over here. Our national favourite television peronality when I was a child who even spontaneously kissed our queen at a tv show he was hosting was openly gay, married to his Frank when it was not even legal yet and all of us loved him. Google him: Jos Brink.)

Yes, indeed, whether one is gay or straight doesn't matter when it comes to everything that has no reference to ones sexlife. These are two different areas of a persons life, and they have nothing to do with eachother. Therefor, in how you act in normal life, your sexual preference should not be visible. Not running around like a bitch in heat and showing off the goods, thats what I mean by acting normal. Britney Spears is not normal, Lady Gaga is not normal. My fourteen year old girl nextdoor is not normal.

Jos Brink was normal. (he is dead). Everybody knew he and Frank were together, because they were for about 40 years, but they were like any other couple. They wore normal clothes, were not all over eachother in public. They were normal, regular, decent guys.

By normal I mean, I think, just that: wellbehaved and decent. And so is Philippe, so therefor he is normal. He behaves normal. He is not running around like a bitch in heat showing off the goods.

When I say he is normal, I do not imply that gay people in general are abnormal or indecent. But I do think that everybody who runs around in public like a bitch in heat showing off the goods when that is not called for in that situation, they are not behaving normal or decent. They're trashy. And whether these people are gay or straight, unless it is saturdaynight in a club, I do not care much for being confronted with trashy people acting indecent, improper and therefor abnormal.

There is a time for a normal life, and there is time for copulation. The two should not be mixed. When you are working, you do not go around flirting or boasting or being seductive. That's what you do on saturdaynights in a club. (Hell, I did! But not on mondays at work.)

See what I mean by normal? Normal is being not overly sexual in a non-sexual setting. Normal is being not-sexual. Normal means no one gets a clue about your sexual feelings because you do not show them. It is sexual modesty. You can do what you like, just not in everybody's face, for f**s sake, there are children present.

Now, I know, we live in a sexualized society. Sex sells. Everybody does it with everybody and openly in 30 different ways and talks about it in the magazines and on TV. Maybe that has become the norm in this postmodern world, but to me it is not normal. And I do not care whether anyones sexual preference is boy or girl or both. I just do not want to know anything about anybody elses sexlife and I want to be protected from confrontation with it. I do not want my co-workers T&A in my face on a wednesday afternoon, and I do not want to discuss MY sexlife. (I once worked somewhere where the weekend exploits between the sheets were openly discussed over the first cup of coffee on Monday morning and you HAD to tell. I quit after three days.)

On to a complication: we are all sexual creatures. Nature has formed us like that in order to procreate and save the species from getting extinct. It may be decent to hide your sexual urges in public, but the feelings are there. Channeled, according to our single or relational status. So we pick up on everybody elses signals unconsciously. That is the gay (or straight) "radar". Mine functions very badly. I never know when somebody is gay or straight. I never would have guessed about Freddy Mercury. I never did about George Michael. Still amazed about Elton John. I mean: I just do not notice. Probably because I don't give a damn. But I still am human, with functioning hormones, so when the radar starts to beep, I want to know why. Simple curiosity. I am not a flawless creature!

Another complication, the one you think I need council for. There are those gay guys who are very openly sexual. And I mean agressively openly sexual. The in your face gays. The look at me I am gay and sexual and I am going to confront you with it like it or not.

Yes, I am bothered by those people. I wish I was more liberal on that, but I am not. I also do not like tear jerkermovies or loud music coming from open car windows and I do not like brussels sprouts and I do not like tattoos or piercings or green hair. Just like I am bothered by openly sexual straight people. That does NOT make me homo-intolerant. But dancing around in a pink bunny suit in a Canal Boat Parade: well, maybe because I am Dutch and we are not a very flamboyant people, well, I have my doubts on that. They are overdoing it. And they are NOT helping to getting homosexuality accepted. Because they are behaving abnormal. (In my sense of that word, so that means indecent and not modest.)

There is a class of gay guys we call valse nichten. Mean queens, I think would be a nice translation. Vicious queers, would be another one. You must recognize the type. Always at eachothers throats. Everybodys throats, really. Always snearing. These are the guys I think about when I say people who are trying to hide their own frustration. The in-your-facers. The ones with the funny gestures and funny clothes and silly giggles. The charicatures of themselves. Overdoing it. The ones putting on a show, really. I do not care for people putting on a show. Just be you, that's enough. The gay people I know personally fortunately are just regular nice guys, and the only thing that shows off their sexual preference is the fact that they are in a relationship with another man. Just like the only way that my sexual preference shows is the fact that I am a woman married to a man. But I do not go around like a bitch in heat showing off the goods.

I understand it must be hard to live in a society that does not really approve of homosexuality. In Holland it is not so bad, (remember Jos Brink?) but in other countries it is, and it is getting worse due to the immigration of lots of people from very gay intolerant cultures. Gay bashing is coming back in a big way. The Moroccon youths are very dangerous. They will physically harm homosexuals. I know the sweetest boy who had his entire face beaten to a pulp because he was gay. He was working outside of a gay disco, in broad daylight. His boyfriend ran out with a baseballbat and beat the hell out of the attackers, and than the police actually came for him! (yes, his face healed again, he is just as handsome as he was before and the charges were dropped).

Your love life is the most private part of your personality, and if that is rejected, you are rejected. But I do not think becoming a mean queen is the answer, nor is running around like a bitch in heat showing off the goods. Just be who you are, love who you want to love, but please just be normal about it. Show some good taste and be modest about it. And that goes for gays AND straights!

I hope I have made myself clear on the subject of (homo)sexuality and being normal. Please, let us not fight over this, because you really picked the wrong enemy. I am very sorry I gave that impression with a bad choice of words. English is not my native language, so being properly nuanced is not that easy. Like I said: the problem with any foreign language is eloquence (and wit).

But you can throw me off the forum if you still think I am a gay basher. Just let me know and I will leave, okay? This is your forum, your rules go.

Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 09:29

carolineleiden

Well said!
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 10:36

Artaserse, karenpat

I don't think carolineleiden meant any harm with her first comment, so no need to bite her head off.

Artaserse wrote:

I think also, it doesn´t matter whether the one or another is gay or lesbian or straight- the main thing is the human being behind the " preferences".

You are absolutely right, and in an ideal world it wouldn't matter at all and nobody would care. But we'll never arrive to living in that ideal world if we never speak out our thouhts. Even if we disagree sometimes. Or write silly things. You see my point: if it doesn't matter, why make it a taboo? Complete and forced silence has a bad message, and anyway, this "there are some topics we don't even dare to mention in public" thing is not really healthy. We had it for 40 years in Hungary - it was called dictatorship...

(I hope I haven't offended anybody, it was not my aim, as all of you are great people friends )
Back to top Go down
karenpat

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 11:05

SJuli wrote:
Artaserse, karenpat

I don't think carolineleiden meant any harm with her first comment, so no need to bite her head off.

I'm sorry if Caroline felt I was "biting her head off", I mean nothing of the sort. Actually I couldn't agree more with her most recent post. good post I'm not anti-gay either but I don't care for people who flaunt their sexuality in every context whether it be gay or straight.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 11:11

Dear friends!

Let us calm down and be good buddies!

Please, we´re here to admire one famous musician, who is also (quite by chance ))) an very nice person and absolutely worth to be admired in every way .

carolineleiden

Hehe, I guess, some women think he is hot, too. ))) As also, that some gay guys think , he is a beautiful human being . And straight men become jealous. wink

I thank you all for your honesty and I hope nobody will be offended with it here. hugs

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 12:04

I believed that this site was dedicated to the music and at the moments of happiness that fabulous one artist get us!
The rest we make fun of it
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 13:46

Ladies, I do not feel offended easily. I do not have long toes, as we say in Holland, so they do not get stepped on too easy. In my turn, I keep on thinking other people have my size toes, but usually theirs are a bit longer and I keep on dancing on them. SORRY! I don't mean any harm, honest.

I think this discussion is heading in a very interesting direction, from a sociological point of view. Please do not stop out of fear of hurting someones feelings. We are not those kind of ignoramuses, I think all of us are pretty well educated. It is focusing on gay acceptance now, and the Philippe thing is only a side road. It is not about Philippe anymore.

There is one new question I would like to throw out in the open: If Philippe had NOT been gay, but married with children, we would have been congratulated him on his weddingday and would have been curious for the pictures. When his children were born we would want to know if they were boys or girls and what their names were. If he had been a womanizer with three new girlfriends each week, we would have discussed that.

But we keep his private life private, even though he never comes here to read. Is that really only out of respect, or are we just being politically correct? SJuli really hit on something profound there. Are we too afraid to say that he is gay, because that is a taboo subject? By keeping it a secret, it will never loose its taboo status. Like she said: that is dictatorship.

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 16:17

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen ( because I hope , there are also some of us, too ).

Please, I don´t want to act here like an „little dictator“ at all, but please, try to understand me correctly.

If you would read some interviews of Philippe, he don´t really like this kind of questions – see for example this one on 12.July :

I only try to protect him here, in this area he should feel comfortable, right?

He is an person of public life and he generously gives enough of himself to us, so we must just respect his wish to have another side, to be private person, too and to be not always forced to defend this fact from the crowd, also good educated one.

Thank you a lot .
smile

mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 16:35

Thank you, JaRoWi1647, rikkapijemi and Artaserse.
Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 21:53

Dear Artaserse,

I didn't mean you are a dictator! In this case it would rather be something like "dictatorship of the public opinion" - if this ever means something... think

Anyway, I will keep my mouth shut from now on.
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 22:33

SJuli

Nonononono, per favore, bella Signora! Non sono un tiranno barbaro! No non no! give rose

Do not "keep your mouth shut "!!! Please, feel free to express your minds ! I highly appreciate being honest and defending the freedom of opinion!

I just hope, you did read my trying to express myself in this case.

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   3rd October 2011, 23:56

Thank you cara JaRoWi for asking my opinion. First let me say I like and respect all the members of the forum. I love the way your personalities and loyalties come through and the passion you bring to our beloved Philippe's corner. You all are so cool to be here and to defend your own positions about this touchy theme. And you are all right. Your hearts are in the right places. I am lucky to have run into this group.Spirited group.
Gay, straight, etc are all words. They serve to define people in one context. A very limited one but part of our humanness.However our spirit chooses to emerge, they are all a peek of our own souls. Creativity is one such face. And so is sexuality. We live in a world that likes to define, and so…..we deal with it. But since this is about Philippe and not philosophy, I will say that Philippe's spirit and himself is one package. If gayness is a part of him, so is kindness, perfectionism, hard work, I suspect some stubbornness but I do not know, musicality, as well as physical beauty and other nice - and not so nice maybe - attributes. I admit I find him sexy as all hell. But others may notice more his pure singing. ITo each his own. I agree with Artaserse about expressing yourself.. And with JaRoWi who has given us ALL a place to do it in. Love our differences. Plus we are all products of our upbringing and our different nationalities .
By the way I do think Spinosi was kind of put on the spot and had to do a quick back step after the rumors and lovely photographs in Heroes. Good old JC!!But who cares. Philippe chooses not to talk about his private life. I am too delighted he has found someone to share himself with. shucks. Who knows what his life has been like before and if he has had to put up with prejudice. I hope not.But if he wants privacy we should respect that. After all he has given us MUCH joy, I know I speak for everyone here. So…I hope you all keep on "trucking'" and being the encouraging passionate fans of this OMG hot guy…sorry….this lovely angel? Or spiritual being? or all? and ….it is the spirit that can express the art. God bless.Sorry for the length.
kiss
Back to top Go down
idubrov

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   5th October 2011, 17:01

Dear Tuffy,
Thank you so much for this message! It's so right! Can't agree more!!!
Also. I'm really happy to find myself here, among these lovely, sensitive, "normal and civilized" people with whom I happen to share one great passion for a brilliant musician and his beautiful personality - it actually shines through in every performance and interview!
I'm almost moved to tears!
Thank you once again! sunny
Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   5th October 2011, 21:04

Artaserse
I did! (read it) smile

Tuffy
good post
Back to top Go down
lumiere_137

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   5th October 2011, 22:35

carolineleiden wrote:

There is one new question I would like to throw out in the open: If Philippe had NOT been gay, but married with children, we would have been congratulated him on his weddingday and would have been curious for the pictures. When his children were born we would want to know if they were boys or girls and what their names were. If he had been a womanizer with three new girlfriends each week, we would have discussed that.

Last edited by lumiere_137 on 8th August 2012, 15:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   6th October 2011, 12:02

tuffy942

My dear friend, you ´re always my greatest support as also my dearest confident and accomplice, I thank you sooo much ( you know) for all your feelings and agree with you in each letter ! kiss

idubrov

Welcome and many thanks for your comment! agree

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   6th October 2011, 13:25

Hi, dear "Co-Fans"

tuffy942
You're absolutely right, he really is hot, I have to admit..... grin

But apart from this : Chacun à son gout, n'est-ce pas?
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   7th October 2011, 20:40

Mais oui, dear Duffy. Lumiere, idubrov,caroline, artaserse,karenpat, s juli,rikka, all of you great people, and of course JaRoWi, you all shine with your love for music and encouragement to the best things in this life. Music so connects us all and Philippe has shown us so much....Plus he IS very hot. When I talked to him last time for almost 30 minutes I could not believe how just pretty he is, but also intense about what he does. I just wanted to hug him forever. But I contained myself. Just for moments like this, they are treasured and the memories are sweet. And all the moments you guys share in this forum.......I just eat them up. So keep expressing yourselves and giving support to this handsome talented and hard working young man....Man I wish he was my grandkid!!!!!!If I forgot anyone I am sorry, I read ALL of your postings. Big kiss to all!!! inlove friends hello kiss
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   7th October 2011, 22:01

Dear Tuffy,
you are right, he is so handsome and has quite a lot of natural charme...queueing up for autographs after a concert I experienced the following little event: A young man, obviously no fan, accompanying his girlfriend, left our queue in order to take some photos of Philippe.
He came back a few minutes later, smiling all over his face and said " I can't say anything else, this guy is simply sweet ! He is overwhelmingly charming, one just has to love him! An unbelievable charisma". And that's how it is in every autograph session, Philippe seems to love that, and I think he needs it to descend from the adrenaline level of the concert...Anyway, it is a pleasure ! give heart Apart from this, those green eyes,
oooh là là....
Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   7th October 2011, 23:46

I love this story!!! So true. He has such a great talent for making people happy, either singing or giving autographs or, I guess, doing nothing special just being himself!
(and those green eyes... swoon )
Back to top Go down
karenpat

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   8th October 2011, 08:05

I love the positivity in this thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   8th October 2011, 13:33

That is maybe because the subject of it is such a positive one.

I have come a little closer to answering the WHY question when it comes to figuring out his attraction. There are several aspects. Him being so nice is definately one of them, because it only enhances an already built up attraction. But that is not the whole thing.

When I first saw him and heard him on YT, in Pur Ti Moro with Nuria Rial, I did not particularly think he was very handsome. Not like, say Alain Delon or Sean Connery in their younger years or Orlando Bloom today, or Johnny Depp. They have beautiful, regular and symmetrical perfect faces. (Good genetic material, so strong and healthy, that is why we like symmetry.) Philippe doesn't have this perfection. Nice eyes, yes, and a good full head of hair, but he needs dental work and his jaw is a bit crooked and he is way too skinny. But the camera loves him, and the photographers know their job and he is a patient and cooperative model. Besides, perfection is nice, but is is the imperfections we love the most because they make us unique.

So it is not the outside of him that does the trick. He's attractive alright, but no more than a hundred thousand others of his age.

But when he opens his mouth and starts to sing, that is when the magic begins on several levels.

Primo: the sound itself. The hertzes. The mere noise. He has a very natural sound, it is not artificial. It is different from say, the proverbial fat lady. It is nice to listen to, it gets your brainwaves to go nice and long and steady. It provokes your brainchemistry, that starts to give off endorfines, and endorfines are stronger than morfine when it comes to making you feel good. It tittilates the fun-centre of the brain. It gives off all kind of stress relieving hormomes. Hartbeat slows down, bloodpressure drops, immunesystems get stimulated, wounds heal, and we get focussed on nothing but that sound. It is very healthy.

Every composer knows the power of sounds and harmonies and the influence of majors and minors. That is why music makes us cry. It is pure emotion.

That brings me to secundo: the emotions behind the sound. Not only we feel the natural drug endorfine, but he does, too. He is undergoing the same experience when he sings that we do when we listen. It is a natural high for the entire concerthall. And he is honest about that. He does not perform a trick that gets us going, he is going there with us himself. It is a drug and we are all addicts. That makes us vulnerable, because this world does not like emotions. But because he is standing there in front of us and being just as vulnerable, that makes us all want to hug him and kiss him and cuddle him. That is enhanced by his facial features, who resemble that of a child. Large eyes, round face, full red lips. The boyish, angelical features

That is the tertio part: he wakes up all kind of maternal, protective feelings in us. We are (almost exclusively) women here. He is basically just another one of our babies.

Babies also give us this endorfine rush. Nature has intended us to. Otherwise the vulnerable offspring would die very quickly of exposure and hunger. So picking up our bundle of joy makes us feel good, because of the endorfinerush. We have it with our own babies, but evolution has made that instinct so strong it even applies to other babies or even other species. Who does not melt when he sees a kitty or a puppy?

Quattro: The universal workings of endorfine. It is not only babies or music that give off an endorfine rush. The endorfinerush also plays a major role when it comes to: yes, falling in love. Without that very first initial rush that sends tingles through our spine and a funny feeling in our stomachs and a light feeling in the head, we would never fall in live with somebody and as a species, we would go extinct. Of course, bonding with that someone involves a lot more than just this stage of infatuation, but it is the first step. And apparently, he gives off those signals. It is his music that stimulates it. If I had seen him walking by on the streets he would have been just another passer by on the street. But when he opens his mouth, off go all the endorfine explosives.

So it is the complete entangled web of endorfine rush he weaves on three or four different levels. Amazing, isn't it?

Back to top Go down
tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   8th October 2011, 19:29

Bravo, I agree!!!!Those endorphines certainly have a party when he is around. Definitely a little maternal feelings, protective, and certainly on many different levels. And the music. I will say you analyzed this attraction extremely accurately. He engages so many parts of us!!!Plus his personality is adorable. I told a friend once that when God made him he threw away the mold. One Philippe!!Thank you all and God bless!(even if he is agnostic!!! embrace sunny )
One more thing, Caroline....when someone shows us his/her spirit we respond with the same. He shows it every time he sings. Just look at his face. We cannot help but be in awe and join him in that place, and we are quiet and let the music and the voice heal us, calm us, feed us in our inner being. So the response is LOVE!!!! thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.   Today at 22:21

Back to top Go down

The Sun-Herald, February 7, 2010.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1