HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog inUsergroups

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Share | 

A voice of an angel (?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: A voice of an angel (?)   26th March 2010, 09:13

Il ragazzo

I hope you won’t mind my carrying on the subject as a new thread here about our thought on the angel in old jeans!.

As my background is not particularly Christian, my idea of angels is fairly abstract. Even so, they certainly don’t come in with old jeans and a pullover!! Then why do I associate Philippe or his voice with an angel?

When you think about it, countertenor’s voice is often described as ‘ethereal’ but not often ‘angelic’ which is usually reserved for boy soprano. As I said somewhere else, Philippe's voice has that naturalness unusual in trained adult voice. But I think it is that distinct sheen his voice has that gives an impression that we are hearing something out of our ordinary world: something unexplainably, almost painfully beautiful. And only thing that fits the bill, as you might say, is a voice of an angel, not that we know how an angel’s voice sounds like but that doesn’t seem to matter when you are listening to Philippe singing. I suppose you could say that his voice represents the general idea of an angel’s voice. Plus his generosity that looks almost beyond that of mere mortal. I feel like saying sometimes, oh, why can’t you leave him alone!?

This won’t do!! I’ve got some deadlines to meet. Better get back to work.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   28th March 2010, 23:34

hermit
You´re right, sometimes it is even "almost painfully beautiful", but I wanted to say a few words about the Voice. That was my short notice after the concert on 09.09.09 .

His voice was like an warm golden honey, flowing through the dark
hall and enveloping your soul, your minds, your reasons and taken
them far away from the Earth, sorrow, problems, pains....only
sunny golden warmth around you, coming from this graceful human
being - like an shining point in the darkness of the old walls of
the cold medieval church ...
Back to top Go down
Joanna

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   29th March 2010, 08:47

My dear...beautiful and so very true words!!nothing more,nothing less.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   29th March 2010, 09:16

Il raggazo Beautifully put. I couldn’t agree with you more. When I said ‘painfully beautiful’, I was thinking about the Stabat mater performance at Ambronay (and in Beata Vergine, too). The Guardian’s Tim Ashley wrote after Philippe’s Barbican concert, ‘his voice just seems to flow in warm profusion’. It makes me smile whenever I remember this article and I am filled with gladness simply thinking about Philippe singing.

While I was trying to work out just what it was that made his voice so special, I came across this article. It is a bit mean way of learning something, as this is a criticism about another young countertenor, but it told me quite a lot about Philippe’s voice.http://www.opera-britannia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=163:iestyn-davies-wigmore-hall-18th-november-2009&catid=10&Itemid=16
Back to top Go down
Mercè

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   12th April 2010, 20:33

Salut, les copains!
Je n'ai jamais entendu un ange chanter. Je n’en ai pas besoin.
J'ai entendu chanter un jeune homme d'une beauté presque insultante. C'est évident que nous n'étions pas habitués a ce genre de voix, celle des contre-ténors. À cause des prejugés sociaux ces voix ont été quasi proscrites de la scène lyrique. Heureusement, elles nous revienent grâce à des artistes comme Jaroussky. Et avec ces voix, des musiques très belles qui restaient enfouies dans l’oubli.
C’est vrai tout ce que vous dites à propos de la voix de Jaroussky.

J’ajouterais que c’est une voix ruisselante de sensualité. C’est pourquoi elle nous pénetre si profondement, jusqu’à percer l’epiderme de l’âme (si âme nous avons et quoi que ce soit que l’âme).
C’est une voix douce, puissante, légère, irisée, veloutée, perçante, que nous enveloppe, nous envahit et fait sentir notre corps entier: en l’écoutant, on ne peut rien faire d’autre; tout notre corps réagit et reste collé à cette voix jusqu’à la fin de l’air. Après quoi, nous avons besoin d’un autre air, et d’un autre, et d’un autre. C’est de l’addiction; addiction à un plaisir qui nous aide à supporter la laideur et l’angoissse de la réalite.
À bientôt!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   13th April 2010, 14:31

Salut, dear Mercé ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you a lot for this GREAT post - I agree with you in every word!

Oh, how beautiful you express all these " jeune homme d'une beauté presque insultante", "une voix ruisselante de sensualité" , "une voix douce, puissante, légère, irisée, veloutée, perçante, que nous enveloppe, nous envahit et fait sentir notre corps entier" .....Oh My God, he IS "l’addiction "! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   13th June 2010, 03:33

Carissimo hello and dear friends, I did finally learn the recording of Giulio Cesare will not happen.Grrrr angry Bartoli decided there had not been enough rehearsals. Here is a picure, not a very good one, of the end of the February event......Philippe looks happy indeed....
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   13th June 2010, 10:55

Caraaaa!!!

Oh.....what a pity...where did you get this precious yet sad information?

As a litt´Le consolation....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   13th June 2010, 15:37

HOW do you put a picture in HERE?I can't put mine>>>>>

I am SO computer-challenged!! Well, I decided there had to be some information about this concert in Andreas Scholl fb page, so I searched and found: the picure of all of them at the end, not a very good picture, probably taken by a camera-challenged dork like me, and 2: the information about Bartoli and the problem relayed by a person who seemed to be informed through Decca, the people that were supposed to market it!!! no-no!

The power of a diva!!!!!

bad Sad cry

(Danke for the pic,he smiles like a child, all sunny )
Back to top Go down
PueroCantore

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   26th September 2013, 09:04

Hi, i don't speek english very well, i will write a comment in italian.

La prima volta che ho ascoltato philippe su youtube sono rimasto esterrefatto! La sua voce è dolce soave potente ed eterea come nessun altro controtenore al mondo, la sua tecnica vocale non ha punti critici ed è perfetta in ogni situazione.
Spero di poter sentire un suo concerto dal vivo prima possibile, ma vivendo in Italia dovrò spostarmi tanto.

I love the voice of philippe!!
Back to top Go down
Nath29

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   27th September 2013, 09:13

PueroCantore, buon giorno!

Non parlo l’Italiano ma voglio La dire che ho ascoltato Philippe la prima volta anche su youtube e ho sentito  affascinata.

Sono d’accorda con Suoi parli: "La sua voce è dolce soave potente ed eterea come nessun altro controtenore al mondo, la sua tecnica vocale non ha punti critici ed è perfetta in ogni situazione.”

Oggi vado a concerto di Philippe e sento ispirazione di ascoltare la sua voce dal vivo.

His voice has been with me for several months now. I would compare his voice with a lot of fresh air in which you can soar freely without any limits feeling joy and happiness.
sunny
Back to top Go down
jufilfan

PostSubject: A voice of an angel (?)   11th October 2014, 18:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A voice of an angel (?)   Today at 16:20

Back to top Go down

A voice of an angel (?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1