HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog inUsergroups

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Share | 

misuse of an artist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nenuphar

PostSubject: misuse of an artist   3rd April 2012, 21:47

I once mentioned a lady in Halle, having a record shop in Leipzig, who was asking Philippe after the concert to sign about 15 CD’s, because, like she told me, „they sell much better with an autograph..."
Now I’ve found another seller in ebay, who is obviously abusing Philippes courtesy and cordiality to make money out of it...“opus8music”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems that some people are completely uninhibited if they can take monetary advantage of someone’s kindness… what a shame! no-no!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   3rd April 2012, 23:41

Think of it this way:

The CD re-sellers have to buy the CD's they want to sell first from EMI, so as far as Philippe is concerned, these are already sold goods.

And it just goes with the territory of being a famous musician. A bit like having your fans make a forum about you, which must also sometimes be quite a nuisance. wink

Back to top Go down
tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   4th April 2012, 03:42

Nenuphar,

I saw the e bay sale too think and I also thought it was a little crass to say the least to sell a signed gold CD for close to $400. While it is true it goes with the territory as Caroline said there is something mercenary about it. copyright PJ himself one told me the Ferrari cd was worth like $200 because there weren't any, and he did sign mine which I wouldn't dream of making money from. So I suppose he is aware his cd.s are worth what the demand is. But I still feel as Nenuphar said, it is a misuse to profit from someone's fame without it benefiting directly the artist instead of the buyer. agree
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   14th April 2013, 18:44

I think, this here is pure misuse of the artists. And that is impudent.

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   14th April 2013, 23:29

Oh God, people are terrible! Shame on them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   15th April 2013, 20:04

You're right, Pilar. It's a shame. But there are much more of them on EBay. Let's see if there will be anyone crazy enough to buy it..... For that price one could almost buy the CD at the concert and get a proper signature....
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   15th April 2013, 20:19

The worst thing is that maybe Philippe decides not to keep signing CD's because of these kind of people. I can't help thinking in some persons I saw in the line (last time in Nancy) with a lot of CD's... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   15th April 2013, 21:18

Pilarddcc,

I think, Philippe knows to differentiate between private people, who are just happy to get their personal CD signed and those, who want to make money out of his signature - so I don't think he will stop signing in general! no

And in the end each autograph (whether on CD or somewhere else) could be sold by people who don't worship it as a special favor or a kind of a personal gift of a celebrity... bad :

btw: I just saw (and listened to !!!) Cecilia Bartoli in Munich with her "Mission" programm (it was great!!!) - and she had to do a hard job as well after the concert:
a lot of people were standing in line to get her autograph.... I hope, none of them was an autograph hunter for money reasons!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   15th April 2013, 21:46

I hope so, Nenuphar!

Great for you, I've never been in a Cecilia's concert, and I'm longing for it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   21st April 2013, 13:33

This video has been going the rounds for some time but I've only just caught up with it. I had to laugh at the proliferation of scarves, medicine and nasal irrigation equipment Laughing but musician friends inform me that it is not so very far removed from the truth - especially the annoying throat clearing noises!

When not making funny videos about opera singers, Jennifer Rivera is a talented mezzo - a Nerone even (see below) ...

A.

Ooops! I've posted this under the wrong subject - it should be posted either under "Other Voices" or "Humour" - mea culpa blush

Last edited by Artemis on 21st April 2013, 13:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Raging idiocy on the part of poster !)
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   21st April 2013, 14:56

Artemis, this is just great! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: misuse of an artist   Today at 17:55

Back to top Go down

misuse of an artist
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1