HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog inUsergroups

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Share | 

More top 10 questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
carolineleiden

PostSubject: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 12:20

An extension of the other voices topic, because other peoples Top Ten Lists are always so interesting:

Which aria's that Philippe does, are your favourites? Which ones pop up into your mind, which ones do you hum while doing the dishes.

Random top something that springs to mind here are:

La Dolce Fiamma
Alto Giove
Cara sposa
Io t'abbracio
Regina coeli laetare
Nisi dominus

Don't THINK too much, or you won't be able to make a selection at all. Just go with gut feeling.

Edit: the babies' favourites:
Sol da te
Que bel morirti in sen
And not surprisingly: adagiate Poppea and ninna nanna for bedtime.

EDIT 2) On special request from Rosamunda, please also name the one big favourite and PLEASE explain WHY.

For me: Virtually impossible to name just the one, but an explanation, allright.

First one ever heard by Philippe, with Danny Deniese: Pur ti miro. Beautiful and horrific at the same time. What was this weird sound coming out of a male throat? And why was this duet with two voices only one octave apart? I thought it did not have enough contrast. I looked further, and came across the version Danny did with Mirko Guadagnini, a baritone. I liked that better, but still I kept playing he version with Philippe also. And then, I stumbled on the version Philippe did with Nuria Rial. That did the job. These two voices are so incredible with eachother, they blend, and enrich the other. No need for contrast when something is so harmonic.

I started to look for more counters, and found many, but none drove the shivers down my spine and the tingles in my head like the voice of Philippe. You don't just hear his voice, you feel it.

I did not think he was very handsome, actually. Until I saw him smile. smile A big crooked grin that lit up his whole face. Very Happy The one he does when the aria is over and he is apparently very glad that one went well.

He should smile more like that on official photo's. It is the real him, not the Ken doll version.

Last edited by carolineleiden on 2nd January 2012, 19:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 12:58

Let me see...

L'Eraclito amoroso
My dearest, my fairest
Se mai senti
Alla rosa ruggiadosa
Hor che Seneca e morto
Longe mala
Dalbavie Sonnets
Le temps de lilas
Nuit d'Espagne
Sol da te

OK, I think I have ten already.
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 13:01

OK, I'll play! Off the top of my head and without thinking too deeply, otherwise I'll be here forever:

Queste pungente spine (Benedetto Ferrari)
Alto Giove
Scherza Infida
Eraclito Amoroso (Barbara Strozzi)
Mi lusinga il dolce affetto
Se vago rio (Aminta e Fillide)
Cara, la dolce fiamma

That should see me safely through any ironing and vegetable chopping!

A.
Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 13:03

carolineleiden wrote:
And not surprisingly: adagiate Poppea and ninna nanna for bedtime.

...and I love all his lullabies! smile
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 15:05

Absolutely incredible, Carolineleiden! surprised
Last night, I could not sleep, I was thinking of opening a line just like the one you've opened, is not it strange?

I was thinking about how to call this topic, and I find it open and running! friends

I suggest two small changes:
1: Choose only one piece per person (we can take many turns later), and.
2: Explain what you like, what makes you tick, why you go so directly to the heart. This may be interesting, each has different reasons for choosing the theme and we mean much more to everyone.

Write only the name seems very poor, I think we can say much more!

Why are you so fond of this aria, why, why???
Are you all agree?
I hope so and it starts Carolineleiden.
(What a strange thing happened to me with you ... shock .)

Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 17:16

Alto Giove
It was the first time that I heard P
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 19:31

Fairest Isle, incredible !

But I really would love to hear you hum the Dalbavie sonnets, dear SJuli.

Ironing : The Vivaldi Cantatas !
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 19:40

Rosamunda: Don't worry. That happens to me so many times with so many people.
Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 19:47

Duffy wrote:
But I really would love to hear you hum the Dalbavie sonnets, dear SJuli.
Don't forget I'm a music teacher, I've hummed stranger things at college! (anyone here familiar with "Modus novus" excercises? grin)

Btw. the two Vivaldi albums are perfect for housework! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 20:07

Rosamunda,
sorry, I should have read your post completely.

Fairest Isle, because he places each note carefully and his voice is clear and pure. The deep notes sound like velvet to me. I also like that the song is a good deal of work and I can hear how he manages it. Impressing !

The cantatas because of their speed and virtuosity, and because of the partly very funny texts. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SJuli,
I also liked them, they were fascinating and unsettling at he same time.
Like a painting of Francis Bacon.
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 21:36

Se mai senti: beauty of his voice and his tenderness
and: Nisi Dominus, Amanti io vi so dire, Queste pungente spine..............................
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   2nd January 2012, 23:32

Very obvious: Vedrò con mio diletto because it was the first time I heard him and it was stunning...I totally fell in love with his voice and boyish look give heart
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 00:21

“Se un core annodi” the lyrics are so beautiful and the interpretion is amazing. And mio core is also annodato da lui… inlove
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 01:37

I could list many more than 10 favorites, but since I do not know where to start, I will choose one: L'eráclito amoroso, Barbara Strozzi.
When I first heard I had never heard a song of desolation as big as this, nor so painful verses betrayed by love. A woman sang this (I forget his name) and left me bittersweet memories, mixing beauty and anxiety.
And one day, do not know how, I found in Youtube version of Philip. See and hear him was a real revelation for me: That music, those verses were written to sing so, just overwhelmingly beautiful that voice, just with that delicacy and with that lack of hope.

Vaghezza ho sol di piangere
Mi pasco sol di lagrime ...

In this moment of performance, the singer, immersed in the pain that drowns, turns his eyes toward the viewer without seeing anything only the enormity of their suffering, and still

Ogni martir aggradami
Ogni dolor dilettami.

and “dilettami” becomes a short sharp cry and almost as tender as a wound made by the unfaithful lover.

It seemed to me that he was dragged Björn Colell both for the emotion of the music and the pain of the text as the irresistible beauty of the interpretation of Philip.
It was a strange moment for me personally, as if he were singing just for me. swoon
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 08:58

Dear Rosamunda,

Your description is so beautiful, I also love that song. You're right it is so beutifully painful that you actually can feel the meaning of the lyrics. From the same point of view I also love "queste pungente spine".

It is so touching when he plays with these words:

nodrite ed allevate affliggono,
traffiggono o crudeltade,

and also:

addolcite e temprate alletano,
dilettano

The lyrics are from Ottavio Orsucci and I think that Philippe's ornamentation is just amazing and it emphasizes the beauty of the text. I think I enjoy much when he sings this kind of more ancient music.

Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 10:58

Pillar:

His pungente spine would bring every sinner crawling towards the confessionbooth...

And indeed: just at those very words spring to mind.

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 13:54

Caroline: I totallya gree with you, "those very words" are so beautiful ornamentated thtat you actually can feel them. Philippe's diction traffigge il mio cor inlove
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 15:57

To read your conversation reminded me of a piece that I absolutely have to add to my personal favourites.: Stabat Mater by Sances. The phrase "cum emisit spiritum", sung with a pause after "emisit"...you feel, this is the moment when Jesus Christ dies, even if you didn't understand the text, P would make you feel it. And I'm not believing
in God...
Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 16:34

"Mentre dormi amor fomenti"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And also "Pur ti miro"

Back to top Go down
Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 19:23

Duffy,

yes, yes, yes, yes, yees... great to read your post. Stabat mater by Sances is really ingenious piece with it's corresponding between lyrics and music. It's the best music setting to the text I've ever heard. When I heard it at first, I immediately knew it must be my funeral song! And with Philippe's interpretation it's simply brilliant. The moment you describe ("dum emisit spiritum") is one of the most fascinating parts in this piece - literally breathtaking smile.

I spoke about this Stabat mater with Philippe when giving him a painting of my favourite "Mater dolorosa" by one Czech baroque painter. It's really a transcendental experience to stand before it's original in the church listening Philippe's Sances's Stabat mater.
I was very stars and heat because of the dialogue with Philippe, but I think I remember correctly he agreed Sances's Stabat mater is ingenious yes.

The second my favourite piece is Legrenzi's Lumi, potete piangere. One day I will sing it with Philippe. secret angel
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 19:42

Vivaldi: Great two ones!

Jarofil: I hope you actually do it!

And what about Sances's "Presso le onde tranquille"? I must confess I simply love the old stuff blush

I think it is a very playful interpretation of a sad story, and Philippe's performance is plenty of joy and hope. It is so great because his diction is perfect and you actually can understand the beauty of the text and the nuances of his interpretation, how he plays with words, with reiterations and other stuff (I can actually explain myself in English)

¿Do you know if it was registred in any cd?

These are the lyrics, quite difficult to find yes

Di cristallino rio
Un Pastorel vidd’io
Che da gli occhi cadean lagrime mille;
Al fin, gli occhi volgendo al ciel gl’affisse
Con un grave sospir, e così disse:

"O più che alpestre sasso,
O più che tigre arcana,
Rigida ninfa e strana
Che mai non volgi a’ miei lamenti un passo,
In qual selva, in qual antro, in qual confine
Imparasti a soffrir l’altrui ruine?

Mira come si strugge
Questa vita infelice,
Odi ciò che ti dice
Lo spirto mio, che m’abbandona e fugge.
Se non prendi pietade al mio dolore,
Ben sei tigre, o sei sasso, o non hai core!

These words would be perfect for our friend SerenaLuce I always think about her when I play this cantata. I mean if she doesn't like our caro Philippe: Ben sei tigre, o sei sasso, o non hai core!

lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 19:57

Ups, I forgot the url:

Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 20:37

If you like Sances' Stabat Mater check this marvelous interpretation of Carlos Mena:

It appears that Sances was a very talented composer and the delightful Scherzi Musicali dedicated a wonderful CD of his sacred works:
The director, the multi-talented Nicolas Achten who is also a baritone, sings the Stabat Mater. Warmly recomended.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   3rd January 2012, 20:40

Thanks for the info! comp
Back to top Go down
nanina

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 03:15

Here is my top 10:
1. Vedro con mio diletto
2. Sol da te
3. Quel passagies son io
4 Ave Deus recondite
5. Adagiati Popea
6. Ninna Nanna
7. Alto Giove
8. Longe mala
9. sovente il sole
10.Come Padri e Come Dio

From 'Vedro con mio diletto' I really got a biiiig musical shock. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I didn`t understand was it from performer or from composer??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That`s why I started comparing other performances with PJ performance and I didn`t like any other. Shock was from interpretation of music and voice. The same I can say about "Sol da te". I like only HIS interpretation.
Jarofil good luck with your dream [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I like it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 11:55

Dear Vivaldi: A few months ago I saw Carlos Mena in "Orpheus and Eurydice" and I confess I was surprised by the beauty and power of his voice. I really liked, really, but during the whole period of the representation I was longing of the magic voice of Philip, whether or not the best voice for Orpheus.
The same thing happened to me today with the Stabat Mater by Sances. Mena sings it extremely well, his voice, at times, becomes more tragic tones of Philippe and perhaps reach the purpose for which this piece was written: to convey to the listener the weight of unbearable pain suffered by an innocent woman for our guilt.
Carlos Mena is a great witness to the tragedy. bow
But when Philippe takes the "Stabat Mater" in his voice and sings the same verse, the story becomes much more tender shades, much more touching , cries as he sings, participates in the first-person drama and the unimaginable suffering suffered by the mother, hurts both the heart of the narrator so that his voice leaves no room for anything else, or any ornament or anything that distracts from that contemplation in which he almost lost track of time.
In my case, I can admire a lot of version of Mena, but Felipe does not let me do anything but go with him to where he goes. swoon
I'm sorry, Vivaldi, I know you're a music teacher, and my opinions often seem to be very little interesting because I do not even know music theory, and I write only from the viewpoint of a passionate listener, for whom music is an absolute But I could never give any technical explanation of my preferences.
And maybe love is not reason enough. sorry
Duffy, in the "emisit" not only stops the heart of Christ, mine too.
Jarofil, totally agree with you and ... I make a toast with champagne for your duet with Felipe (though I die of envy)!! drink
Do you notice how much I love his name in Spanish? Felipe, Felipe, Felipe, etc., etc.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 12:31

1. "Quel passagier son io"
2. "Vincerá l´aspro mio fato"
3. "Erlkönig"
4. "Vo disperato a morte"
5 . "Furibondo spira il vento"
6 . "Sposa, non mi conosci"
7. "Descende, o coeli ros"
8. "Nisi Dominus"
9. "Stabat Mater"
10. "Ho perso il caro ben"
11. "Ah, che non posso"
12."Se cerca, se dice- L´amico, dové?"
13. "Sombrero" in baritone. wink

Last edited by Artaserse on 4th January 2012, 12:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 12:40

Artaserse,
I never heard him singing the "Errlkönig" Where can I hear that? I would really love to hear him sing in German!

Duffy
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 12:47

Duffy,

it is one very private recording, he was singing some Lieder, but I´m not allowed to share it. Sorry. Sad

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 13:26

Oh, Artaserse, you're sooooo bad. You show us a new "song" by Philippe but we will never hear it cry

I love "Ombra cara"

laaaa vendettaaa ti farò!!!

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 14:15

Duffy,

If you want to hear what a countertenor sounds like singing Erlkönig in all voices (!), you could check out David DQ Lee's version. I think it's on You Tube.

A.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 14:30

Thank you Artemis, I'll do so, I heard David in Hamburg in a Telemann opera, he was
great and besides, very funny. (And the only one to be heard loud and clear, so much about the lack of "puissance" of the CT's)

Duffy
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 16:32

Duffy,

I heard David live for the first time recently as Hamor in Handel's Jephta and was very impressed (and the audience just loved him). Christophe Dumaux was supposed to have sung Hamor; I don't know why Dumaux dropped out but I was not at all disappointed by the exchange. I like Dumaux but I don't think he's a natural Hamor, who is just too "nice". It's well-known that Christophe prefers to play "naughty" boys! William Christie was conducting and he didn't look at all "senile" to me (as serenaluce claims on the "Duetti" You Tube video, wretched woman that she is).

A.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 16:48

Artemis,
I feel he is engaged in Hamburg quite often. Did you see the video with him, singing
"l'Ile inconnue" ? Real great job

I heard it as a little consolation, 'cause I didn't find Philippe's version.....
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 18:49

I'm going to put my list of favorites (among all the other favorites).
This is nuy difficult.
1. My dearest! My fairest!
2. Cara la dolce fiamma
3. Sovente il sole
4. Ho perso il mio ben
5. Scherza infida
6. Mi lusinga il dolce affetto
7. Serenade andalouse (massenet)
8. Quel pasaggier son io
9. Ave Deus recondite
10. L´Eraclito amoroso

And I would add another 4 to make me laugh and dance..
1. Fará la mia spada
2. Pianti, sospiri e dimandar mercede
3. Come l´onda
4. Qual serpe tortuosa.

David DQ Lee is incredible, but it is NOT FELIPE. NOBODY IS FELIPE!
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 19:07

It's gorgeous, Duffy. Thank you. I love Berlioz and I'd die to hear Philippe in this repertoire! I see from the clip that this was performed at the Cardiff Singer of the World competition. It's really great that countertenors are now entering and doing very well. There was a countertenor who got to the final a couple of years ago - Yuri Minenko - who is fabulous and, in my opinion, should have won. He'll be on the 'Artaserse' recording with Philippe.

A.
Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 21:42

Dear Rosamunde, I use professional music terms not because I'm a music teacher, only because I'm a singer myself. Countertenor. agree
That doesn't mean I don't like your posts. I read your post and I loved every sentence of it because in your passionate way you describe exactly why Mena is such a great singer. I'm not at all sure he is right for Orfeo, it gets high here and there and he excells mainly in the middle and low registers. But his timber is unique: dark, round, rich and yes bears certain sadness in it, that is why he is so goog in minor pieces or tragic ones. I first came to know him from his unmissble Victoria recital a toal MUST :
haunting singing that penetrates under your skin. Here is a little example which I believe will leave you with a taste for more:
It's the same in his recordings of Bach cantatas or the Johannes Passion and also in his superb Vivaldi CD, another MUST:
which I think is the best specially the Stabat Mater and Salve Regina, and believe me I know practically all the versions by countertenors, and I must say, in this respect, that I didn't really like PhJ's Nisi Dominus, it just didn't touch me, well as it is sung, even in the most inspiring Cum dederit. Mena sings it better:
I'd love to be in a concert of him but alas he has no website....

And after all that talking about Carlos Mena here is another favorite from Jaroussky:
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 21:51

My greatest hits!

Se in ogni sguardo (I think he actually has a dardo in suo sguardo inlove

Ombra cara (so beautiful diction)

Queste pungente spine ( no words)

Amanti io vi so dire ( the performance in Voix Haute is so amazing and playful!)

caro/cara tu mi accendi nel mio core (such a great declaration of love)

My dearest, my fairest (I keep re-playing it in loop, I laaaanguish blush )

Squerza infida ( swoon )

Ohimè ch'io cado (funny and plenty of charm)

Oblivion soave (warm and sexy voice)

Quanto mai saria più bello (such great embellishments)

And another one I've jsut discovered thanks to Artaserse: Quel passagier son io

Thank you Vivaldi for posting Carlos Mena's video. It's great and I didn't know him!
reverence

Rosamunda: You're right and there is only one FELIPE

Has anybody heard him Handel Un'Opera immaginaria? What's your opinion?

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 22:04

Pilarddcc,

"Un´Opera immaginaria" is a sampler of different singers and orchestras just to try to imagine the Opera seria at the time of Händel. Philippe sings there only one aria
" Scherza infida" from " Ariodante" ( with E. Haim and " Le concert d´Astrée" ).

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 22:09

Thank you, I've already ordered by Amazon depressed I thought it was some kind of experiment trying to recreate a perfect Handel Opera!
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 22:21

Vivaldi,

I know Carlos Mena version of Sances's Stabat mater, but I can’t prefere it before Philippe’s one. Said in simple way, he takes it as a whole piece with one important meaning, the suffering and sorrow, therefore it is a bit monotonous (I don’t say this purpose is wrong), whereas Philippe gives the expression to each word and I found it better in intentions of the Sances's composition.
The link with Victoria sung by CM is great, thank you! Really heaven inlove.

Rosamunda,

I agree with your description of Stabat mater. After the introduction to the situation (narration in third person) is this composition focused to the narrator as a observer, who wants to help the mother with her sorrow and share the pain with her, because he feels his own guilt, and he turns to her and talks to her and becomes more and more important – this is seen gramatically (first person) and in music ornaments or another significant and distinctive music elements on the words expressing the speaking person (e. g. complaceam – by the long melisma on syllaba -pla- express his effort to please him, cordi meo valide, donec ego vixero). In this way is Philippe perfect, it’s clear he takes notice for each word and express it. I love it! give heart

And I have to add my third favourite piece sung by Philippe: Ferrari’s Occhi miei, che vedeste with it’s chromatic sequences, it’s amazing. Pity I don’t have an original of Ferrari CD. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 22:30

Jarofil and the others:

I actually enjoy your comments about music, since I don't have a clue about it, I think it is very interesting reading how you explain wink

Jarofil: I love Ferrari but it is impossible to buy that CD by Philippe, isn't it? Thank you for sharing this other cantata, a new favourite to add music
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 22:50

Pilarddcc,

yes, unfortunately it's long time sold out. I don't have a Facebook account, but I read a reason Philippe wrote on his FB why couldn't be a reedition - because he has a contract with different label, isn't it? It's really very, very, very stupid and embarrassing reason. no-no! Pity...

I enjoy listening Occhi miei, che vedeste lying on my bed with closed eyes (miei occhi chiusi no) seeing only darkness...

Last edited by Jarofil on 4th January 2012, 23:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 23:00

At least we can download it (I don0t know if there is the whole CD) from Youtube videos, that's what I did with some of my favourite interpretations that used to be quite different in the CD version wink
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 23:14

Pilardcc,
how about that?

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   4th January 2012, 23:30

Jarofil:

Yes, a great one! Despite I know I am biased I actually think that Phillipe's voice is much more bright and powerful in this duetto. His whiplash entries are much more brilliant then Cencic. I don't know but I feel like Cencic is not into it. It's just an impression...
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   5th January 2012, 11:56

Everybody: fortunately it is not necessary to know your music theory to be able to feel and enjoy music. Feeling and enjoying is the most important part of it.

But it certainly is an extra dimension to know more about it, to help you understand why you like or dislike something, and to start to see patterns and to be able to compare.

For musicians it is very necessary to know what you are doing. Before it comes out on its own, there is a long and hard road we have to take learning it. But the learning is fun in itself.

Vivaldi: is there any way a woman can imitate the countersound in headvoice? The chestnotes come out pretty much like an alto boy for me, but as soon as I switch at E5 I immediately become a woman again. And if I switch before, I am a woman there too. I am inbetween two fachs: alto and mezzo.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   5th January 2012, 12:03

For sold out copy's: type name and title in a Google search. Often you get hits from second hand sellers, and sometimes regular channels can bring you into contact with second hand CD's they no longer have in stock. Bol.com does that.

I have no moral objections against copying CD's that are no longer on sale. And if it is done for free there are no legal objections either. We could legally share all we want if it is out of stock and the record company has no intention to print some more.
Back to top Go down
bpidouxl

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   5th January 2012, 13:24

Thank you Jarofil
for Occhi miei, che vedeste, I did'nt know this piece of music so beautiful and sad. In the recording of 2003 that I just heard on Youtube, the voice of Philipp is strange and haunting. I dedicate it to my grandfather who died yesterday at age 100. He was a painter and knew capture the beauty of the world. He was born in 1911 and went through this century with style and love of art.
In classical music, all the emotions of life are present with great accuracy. There is no need for words, but just some notes ...
Friendly
B.
give heart
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   5th January 2012, 13:44

Bpidouxl,

Congratulations of having your grandfather for such a long time, and how wonderful for him to be able to have such a long and fulfilling life.

I am sure that he is somewhere in a good place now. Don't be sad. Just be grateful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More top 10 questions   Today at 12:05

Back to top Go down

More top 10 questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next