HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog inUsergroups

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Share | 

Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 09:29

Do we get a happy end or a tragic one with accidental murders of the wrong person, due to a plot of deception going horribly wrong, ending with a suicide? (Caesar and Cleopatra meets Rigoletto!)

Philippe dies so beautifully on stage in Niobe...maybe getting him to die on stage a lot gets him over his fear of death. Then it would also be a therapeutical opera!

Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 12:31

Artemisa,
“Ernani" or "Caravaggio".
Fernandez writes that the major act of possible love is that one in which the dear one ends up by murdering the lover: " … sua morte solo mi può placar! ".

Artaserse, this scene can be chilling and to shout of pain!.
(If we do not compare it with Philippe-Sesto's original scene). swoon
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 12:53

Please, not the end of Caravaggio......being sick and maybe killed by a friend (and model), who dressed up like a sailor.... or maybe not? I wanna know who is killing whom at least.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 14:43

Duffy calm! the situation would be this:

Sesta (lover) kills Ptolemy (beloved), exactly as in the libretto by Haym.

For Fernandez (Caravaggio)= the greatest act of love.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 14:53

Rosamunda, what a relief, thanks, there were already some allergic spots appearing on my skin.... heat
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 14:59

As I already thought of Caravaggio again, wouldn't it be possible to engage a tenor also? Anders Dahlin was incredible in Caravaggio and ( like Cesar says in "Asterix in Egypt" ) He has such a pretty nose! prankster

Last edited by Duffy on 6th June 2012, 15:17; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 15:44

And I'd watch anything (well, almost anything!) with Topi Lehtipuu so, please can he be given a rôle? A sort of higher voiced Achilla rôle. Pretty please!

A.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 16:57

And Stephane Degout, please.... as Topi's older brother......what a voice......!

Last edited by Duffy on 6th June 2012, 22:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   6th June 2012, 18:56

Rosamunda wrote:
Artaserse:

Artaserse, the name of " Ptolemy and Sesto ", is the top of the ambiguity!!

¡A veces puedo ser un tipo muy travieso, perdón! wink

About " who kill whom" - you´re right, the libretto by Haym remain untouched and Sesta will kill Tolomeo. Or, to be precise, Tolomeo kill himself for Sesta- to relieve her from her "debt of honor".

And we´l need one swivelling stage and our snake for " L´angue" will be a kind of huge Chinese dragon - marionette to fight with Sesta, who will save her Tolomeo from the poisoned bite.

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 08:32

Artaserse, ¡su español es perfecto! ¿Durmió usted con un diccionario de español cuando estuvo en Madrid?. Felicidades!

First objection to the proposed opera: A Chinese dragon threatens Sesta and Ptolemy?.
Alto Jove! Is there a Chinese Baroque and I had no idea?.
I'm very European, very western, and eastern aesthetics leaves me a bit cold, so if the producer (you) want at all costs a monstrous serpent why not dip into the dragon of St. George, so accustomed to swallow maidens innocents as Sesta?.

Duffy: Do you want to Anders Dahlin as Cleopatra?. Yes, it has the same nose, and as the possibility of sex change is opened...
And as for his hair, he has used beautiful hairstyles, for example, in "Castor and Pollux".
Artemis, I want to Toppi on set, doing whatever, even Nireno. He is completely delicious.

Last edited by Rosamunda on 7th June 2012, 09:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 09:42

Rosamunda,
IdoIdoIdo ! Wearin DeNieses's costume from Glyndebourne and I would make the sacrifice to carry him on stage, when he is wrapped in a carpet. smile
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 11:18

Rosamunda,

¡Gracias! No, yo tenía algunos amigos agradables allí y - ok, diccionario, también. Very Happy

And about the snake - I´m also verrrry European, so it was just a kind of imagination how to materialize this huge thing onstage, so I thought about thses Asian marionettes where inside are some people to lead it. Our snake will be ... Arabic of course because of Egitto, you know.

carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 11:35

Ehm, Egypt was not "Arabised" 2000 years ago....that only happened about 7 centuries later.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 13:07

Duffy,
Sweet Cleopatro in the arms of Nireno / Nirena / Duffy ...
Ineffable vision! Cool
Warning: You have much competition in the cast for the role of Nireno / Nirena, having good luck.

Well, Caroline, what matter seven centuries more or less?
In Salzburg negotiated with oil wells, and wore a Roman nobleman teenager of first communion of the 40's (Catholic and Italian or Spanish of course).
They are poetic license. Well, not very, very poetic.
If these are considered great ideas in Leiser-Courier, and get paid a fortune, Artaserse (who works for love of Handel, I guess) is entitled to the wrong century. Or all or none.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 13:13

Mr. Artaserse et al,

It all sounds fantabulous! I'm so pleased we got the business of the debt of honour sorted out ...

Now all we need is a suitable opera house. How about the Royal Palace Theatre at Drottningholm? A suitable setting for such a majesterial chef d'oeuvre, I feel ...

Rosamunda,

Yupp! Topi can set the telephone directory to music and sing it as far as I'm concerned; I just want him there at any price. He has an equally dishy younger brother by the way ...

A.

Last edited by Artemis on 7th June 2012, 13:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo(s)!)
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 14:28

carolineleiden,
Please, don´t start to be nerdy! OK, it will be just one huge Egyptian snake, no face of Saddam or somethig like this! Cool

Artemis,
Thanks! Nice ro know, this future production resonate already now! reverence

carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 19:19

Arta, I haven't started yet... devil

So, who is going to be Cleo in this surprising production? May I vote for some more genderbending, and getting a drop dead gorgeous choir boy, pretty as a girl, Johnny Depp style? Also historically accurate: Casar did not mind a boy in his bed now and then.
Imagine V'adoro, pupille....or Caro! Bella! heat

He will do Piangero and Se pieta the night before both him and the man playing Caesar will be hanged from a crane of course, to get that real Arab feeling. no

Any suggestions for Caesar?

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 20:51

carolineleiden,

I just started to write some drafts and it will be an scenic-plan, not a slash, ok ?

Cleopatra will be a woman ( I´d like to invite m-m De Niese and let her play one really bad girl, selfish and greedy ).

Cesare will be a man ( Mr. Dumaux I presume , I like his art , he will be an great warrior ).

And especially considering that we´ll have one baroque staging - no cranes and so on.

I understand your wish to mock me anyway, but I am quite serious. Though, Johnny Depp was amazing as a girl in " Before night falls" - even better than in "Ed Wood".
Spoiler:

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 21:25

Giulio Cesare?, many possibilities:
Christophe Dumaux, quarrelsome leader and lulling lover (coloratura warbling like a bird)
Sarah Connolly, beautiful voice, ironic leader and devoted lover, gallant and noble.
Delphine Galou (if not suitable for Sesta): Voice wonderful, energetic leader and ambiguous lover.
Topi Lehtipuu (because I like very much): charismatic and effective leader and tender lover. His "Aure, deh, per pieta" would be incomparable

Cleopatra, Danielle de Niese?. Depends on Giulio Cesare.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   7th June 2012, 22:52

No no, Cleo and Caesare will be saved in time, of course. The original libretto ends happily for everybody but poor Tolomy.

Mock? No, just joking. No harm intended. (Just the judicial system of todays' Arab world that got a sneer...)

Depp is one of my personal top 3 most beautiful men in the world. (Along with Orlando Bloom and Rutger Hauer.) And for Cleo I want something drop dead gorgeous. But Danielle already did Cleo, so I needed a change. She is the most ravishing opera singer at the moment, perhaps of all times, but I just wanted something else. And since Sesto was already one gendertwist, I wanted another one for Cleo. Hence a boy pretty like JD. Would be quite the discovery and debut, too...like Philippe when he did Sedecia.

What about a lower voice for Caesare? If you're deadset on DeNiese....Mirko Guadagnini can complement her very well.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 00:00

What about this nice guy here? Sounds really great, I mean. inlove

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 10:21

^ I second that! inlove Wonderful voice, fits perfectly
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 11:49

JaRoWi, Vandea: Please read the previous posts.
This boy is already engaged to sing the role of Ptolemy.
Artaserse is uncompromising on this point.

(But I believe that he is the one better sings to "Empio dirò tu sei", much better in London 2010).
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 14:03

Rosamunda

Don´t worry, I read all posts here! wink

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 14:47

Vocally, if I could have my way, and Cleo has to be a woman, I want Simone Kermes. She did three Cleo arias on her CD "Diva" and I still haven't gotten over the shock. Check "Piangero" on YT and keep your handkerchief ready. And the allow her to finish you off with " Se pieta". You won't recover for days.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 15:19

Mr. Artaserse,

I'm more than happy to go along with your casting of Dumaux as Cesare. It's in his repertoire, he's sung it quite recently and I'm sure he'd be great. One small request for the stage directors: Cesare's hands are to be kept firmly and resolutely OUTSIDE his trousers AT ALL TIMES. For my sanity, please ...

Not too keen on your idea of Danielle De Niese as Cleo. She's a remarkable singing actress and a beautiful woman. She even dances well and the part of Cleopatra fits her like a glove. Unfortunately, I really don't like her voice all that much. So, I'm afraid that, for me, the scales have been tipped in favour of Duffy's Anders Dahlin option. I too would like to see him rolled out of a Persian rug wearing a sexy Bollywood-style dancer's outfit. It's not illegal and as long as we don't do it on the street and frighten the horses ...

A.
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 15:26

*JaRoWi1647* wrote:
What about this nice guy here? Sounds really great, I mean. inlove

O

OMG JaRoWi who is he???that chest voice, the speed and accuracy, the lovely high notes.....To die for!!!!!!Many thanks carissima
Tuffy give rose
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 20:17

Artemis,

glad to make you a little happier!
Don´t worry, Mr. Dumaux will have quite another scepter in his hands! Laughing Or also il ferro. )))

carolineleiden,

M-m Kermes is an incredible singer, but ( let us be honest!) visually not Cleopatra anymore. That is my reason to cast M-m De Niese ( and not Mr. Dahlin- sorry, ladies) : this is not a travesty - role, never ever! She must be seductive and womanly. I liked her as Poppea in Madrid and especially - in Paris. blush

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   8th June 2012, 23:04

Artaserse:
Danielle de Niese as Cleopatra has many possibilities, especially if you make a dress and a hairstyle similar to this video:

but its only voice I liked in "L'incoronazione" with Philippe-Nero. No doubt this is a vowel contagion that could be repeated in "Tolomeo and Sesto", where Philippe is your brother.
This video also shows that Mirko Guadagnini is not handsome and not sings well, ie does not satisfy any condition for Cesare.
As for Simone Kermes, I agree with you: She doesn't look like Cleopatra.
Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   9th June 2012, 12:05

Rosamunda wrote:
This video also shows that Mirko Guadagnini is not handsome and not sings well, ie does not satisfy any condition for Cesare.

This recording of the duet doesn't do much justice to Guadagnini's singing. I saw him last year in Monteverdi's Ulisse, and actually he IS a handsome man with one of the most beautiful voices I've heard, and that on an evening he was a bit sick.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   9th June 2012, 14:00

Okay, Vivaldi, I withdraw my opinion on her voice because I've never seen him live and the recordings can be very treacherous.
It is very important to know first-hand testimony like yours. Thanks.

PD.: To me it does not seem handsome man, but showy.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   11th June 2012, 21:33

Artaserse wrote:
....continuing to think about this role ( and drink about the performer) , I´d guess , because this part was composed for a woman as a " breeches- role", Philippe hadn´t had to " tricher" a lot, otherwise than as in the castrato - roles.

No, my dear, I asked Philippe about less " tricher" because of Durastanti- cast and he answered- No, it was not easier! It was the same and this role could be also sung by a castrato - so high and difficult. But it was his dream - role, he wanted to sing Sesto since a long time and now his wish has become real . give heart bow inlove

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   18th June 2012, 15:15

Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   18th June 2012, 21:59

Can this be an authentic / authorised DVD?

I got round to watch the Arte Video at last. I am not going to repeat all that has been said but, oh! what a great achievement for a 34-year old male singer to play the role of a grieving youth so heartbreakingly and so naturally. As Artemis says, I can’t think of a ‘mezzo in pants’ ever again, and Cara speme will never be the same. I was so involved in Sesto’s emotions that it quite upset me when the last party scene began without too much notice given to Sesto. Yes, he was praised and all that, and I suppose in the days of Handel, a successful revenge was the end of the story and all was well. All the same, I couldn’t help hearing Sesto’s silent cry ‘oh, what have I done?...?’ I’ll definitely watch again before it disappears.
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   18th June 2012, 22:43

temp,

agree

( No way- this DVD is an pirate copy!)

I´m sorry, just wanted to share some more thoughts about the sandals and breeches - I´ve the feeling, Cornelia would like to preserve Sesto for longer as a child, to persuade him and herself that he is still her „baby- boy“ with no need to fledge ( yet) - to bind him more tightly to herself – that ´s the reason for his equipment as a teen.

If I ´ll start to be nerdy , I ´d say also, that the real Cornelia wasn´t his mother but a stepmother: Pompeo´s fifth ( and last ) wife - beautiful, educated and an good musician . )))
Sextus was his son with the third wife, Mucia Tertia , with whom Pompeius had his only three children – Pompeius jr., Pompeia and Sextus. (Btw, the fourth wife was Cesare´s daughter Julia.)

I guess, also in this case we can get some nice ideas for the future staging. Mr. Freud will enjoy for sure !))))

JaRoWi,

thanks ( argh!)

kiss

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   19th June 2012, 20:35

And to Rosamunda ,

I would choose Mr. Fasolis or Mr. Spinosi as a conductor for the future staging.
Händel should be performed very powerful, passionate , sometimes mighty, sometimes endless tender - a storm of feelings. So - no woman on the rostrum, please.

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   20th June 2012, 18:36

Dear and crafty Artaserse, I do not want to E. Haïm on the podium for "Tolomeo and Sesto"!.
I do not want either to any conductor-man, however good it is as a conductor Baroque.

My candidates are:
JC Spinosi, because it is burning, intuitive, energetic, smart and moody. Ptolemy sing with him better than with any other (that Ptolemy himself says).
And because I love their Vivaldi!

It's Handel, so ...
W. Christie, incredibly imaginative, refined and exquisite. Ptolemy has sung it so beautifully with him!.

PD:I also like D. Fasolis, the bald expressive and snatched, because Ptolemy sing with him this aria so precious, "Se a´piedi tuoi morrò”".
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   20th June 2012, 20:06

Dear Rosamunda,

Mr. Christie is too.... polite to me. )))) I hope, you understand what I mean.

Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   28th June 2012, 23:03

I suppose there aren't this articles here.

(French one is absolutely awful)
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 00:35

Kelalla,
Do not worry about the French review of classiquenews and read this paragraph:
“Sesto justement, au très bel aplomb de déploration, Philippe Jaroussky éblouit dans la veine éplorée: les autres registres lui échappent totalement (au long de l'opéra, l'adolescent devient homme, c'est lui qui tuera Ptolemeo); il reste un bien piètre acteur, mais la figure du fils affligé lui va comme un gant. Son seul mode expressif est la plainte et l'invocation sombre: le lamento lui réussit totalement. Pour le reste...”

Do you think it, really, this is a bad review?
The reviewer does not like Philippe, okay, but has no choice but to recognize that the character of Sesto "lui va comme un gant " that "ébloiut dans la veine èplorée" and that "le lamento lui reussit totalement."

But Sesto is exactly true and has no other record in which Philippe might fail!!

Each has his tastes, of course.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 07:29

Rosamunda,

I'm afraid there's no escaping the fact that the classiquenews review is a bad one! It's a question of nuance and, as far as Philou is concerned, the review is of the style known as "damning with faint praise". By saying that "la figure du fils affligé lui va comme un gant. Son seul mode expressif est la plainte et l'invocation sombre: le lamento lui réussit totalement. Pour le reste ..." the reviewer is none too subtly implying that Philou is incapable of any other mode of expression. Elsewhere he calls him a "mediocre actor" and "bland and boring".

Needless to say, I disagree most strongly with this critic! I think we (and Philou!) should take comfort from the old saying - "Those who can, do. Those who can't do become teachers and those who can neither do nor teach become critics".

A.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 10:19

Life would be boring if ONLY positive critique were too appear. This keeps it exciting. Even unfair and injust criticism serves a purpose. It gets you mad, but also gets you thinking where that negativity might have come from. It teaches an artist about how he is perceived.

We, the fans, we love Philou, and just like his mother, we love everything he does. But that is never really a help. I let my mother proofread when I need a pick me up, because she always says how great it is, (dear mommy-she would love even a shoppinglist) but my husband is the one who gets me mad with his criticism...but his remarks do help me to improve.

So let's not start to throw eggs and tomatoes at the critics. They have their use.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 11:24

Caroline,

I agree with you. It would, indeed, be extremely boring if all that was ever posted here were paeans to Philippe followed by "Chapeau, Monsieur Jaroussky". In fact, fans do a HUGE disservice to any artist by maintaining that everything he/she does is wonderful; Philou is just as capable of turning in a bad performance as any other artist if he has an "off night" and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise. Besides, if he is always told that everything he does is "wonderful" why would he bother making any kind of effort? There is a very thin line between admiration and idolatry and "true" fans should always be careful not to cross it.

Much as I love him, I certainly don't think everything that Philou does is "fantastic". For example, I think the "Pajaros Perditos" (spelling?) album is a mistake in judgement and a waste of his considerable and unique talent - but that is only my opinion and I am entitled to it. In the extremely unlikely event that he were ever to ask my opinion, I would certainly tell him so!

I just happen to disagree with the classiquenews critic who clearly has an "issue" with Philippe ...

A.

Last edited by Artemis on 2nd July 2012, 12:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 11:31

Dear Artemis:

I completely agree with you. I adore Philippe but I'm not blind and I also think that "Los pájaros perdidos" is a wasting of his time and talent. Regarding his Sesto I can only bow [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] He was amazing, plausible, and his voice was as excellent as always, plenty of nuances and different colors! I told him so at Valladolid!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 13:09

Pilarddcc

I guess, Mr. Jaroussky is by all means able to decide himself about " wasting" of his time and his talent, so let us enjoy also the" Pájaos", the more - it is an really uncommon refreshing and refined project, made by the wonderful musicians, colleagues and friends of him.

Artemis
Quote :
"Those who can, do. Those who can't do become teachers and those who can neither do nor teach become critics".

How true! agree

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 13:19

Dear Jana,

I don't mean PJ is not able to decide by himself but as Artemis said I am entitled to have my opinion, that's all! We don't have to agree always, as far as I know this forum is to share our admiration not for Philippe's canonization! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 14:13

Pilar,

I don't think our Philou would care to be canonized!! As I've said elsewhere, the fact that he is a self-confessed atheist might present the church with a teensy weensy problem ...

He has always struck me as being a well balanced young man with his feet firmly planted on the ground. I'm sure he doesn't expect his fans to like everything he does or for them to be totally uncritical. My problem with "Pajaros Perdidos" is not that it's bad (it certainly isn't) - it's just that it's repertoire that other singers specialised in this area can do just as well, if not better and Philou's talents are unique and he sings repertoire that very few others can do!

A.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 14:16

Artemis: Good point!
Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 15:09

About canonization.

Indeed not very likely in the near future, but, in case it would happen after all, I want to be in the committee that decides on the liturgy of the feast of Saint Philippus! I would suggest, for example, the use of the lovely communio "Diffusa est gratia in labiis tuis", which means "grace is poured upon your lips". blush

(Excuse me for this very off-topic remark, it's a kind of occupational hazard - if you sing too much church music you will have a psalm or hymn ready for most occasions...)
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   2nd July 2012, 15:14

Great idea SJuli!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).   Today at 17:56

Back to top Go down

Giulio Cesare in Egitto ( Salzburger Pfingstfestspiele 2012).
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next