HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog inUsergroups

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Share | 

Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joanna

PostSubject: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   15th February 2011, 00:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mr.Spinosi talking about..
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   28th February 2011, 20:31

Back to top Go down
Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   7th March 2011, 21:21

France Musique
Le Magazine 7.03.2011

-Jean-Christophe Spinosi
-Marie-Nicole Lemieux
-Philippe Jaroussky
-Jennifer Larmore
Back to top Go down
Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   13th March 2011, 20:28

Back to top Go down
Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   14th March 2011, 10:07

One english and two french reviews:

Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   14th March 2011, 22:16

Merci beaucoup pour ces liens!
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   14th March 2011, 23:38

Un autre lien:
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   15th March 2011, 08:53

Marie Nicole Lemieux was sick yesterday and was replaced by Delphine Galou arrival in emergency from Zurich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   15th March 2011, 21:55

Merci encore; croisons les doigts pour que Lemieux soit guérie et que PJ tienne le coup!
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   15th March 2011, 22:25

Another reviews:

Vivat Google translator in case of the second one no
Back to top Go down
SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   16th March 2011, 08:38

Two more links:

A short video attached to the latter - sol da te... smile
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   16th March 2011, 09:58

One more:
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   17th March 2011, 15:20

Nice review
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   17th March 2011, 22:28

And even in German,

Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   18th March 2011, 12:15

A critique of "le Figaro". Impossible to resist Ruggiero.

Back to top Go down
Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   18th March 2011, 13:50

'Les chanteurs Philippe Jaroussky et Jennifer Larmore dominent cet opéra-fleuve.'
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   18th March 2011, 21:47

Bravo!!!
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   18th March 2011, 23:00

Another reviews:

Back to top Go down
Mercè

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   18th March 2011, 23:48

I've been watching Orlando furioso on MEZZO: SUPERBE, FABULOUS, MAGNIFIQUE!!

"Sol da te, mio dolce amore": the first time I heard this air I think I cried. I think it is one of the most beautiful airs and Philippe sings it wonderfully.

Marie Nicole is superbe as Orlando.

It has been an incredible evening!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] for all of you, and thanks for links: I'll red them
Back to top Go down
Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   23rd July 2011, 17:57

Legacy Of An Epic: Vivaldi's 'Orlando Furioso'

Back to top Go down
Mercè

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   24th July 2011, 12:23

Hi, Joanna!

It is an interesting article but, perhaps, incomplete: I'd have liked any comment about the performance in Paris...
However, it is very wellcome!!

Thanks!

mercè
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   10th January 2012, 23:04

One DVD ? For the whole opera? Or I don´t understand something? think

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   10th January 2012, 23:34

*JaRoWi1647*

Really strange indeed! Even if two-layer DVD it's almost the same like 2 one-layer DVD-R but it's too small for the official quality release anyway. More than 3 hour video leaves no place for the real quality audio track which means to be quite heavy (like LPCM)...

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   11th January 2012, 19:46

Hi, everybody!

The DVD of 'Orlando Furioso' is already on sale in France; the running time is 3H10. Naturally, I just had to buy it! I saw this production twice (well three times if you count the concert version). The production was very heavily choreographed so maybe they have cut some of this out (haven't watched the DVD yet) and left the arias and recitatives intact.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   11th January 2012, 21:20

Artemis

Good news, thanks!

Quote :
The production was very heavily choreographed

Do you mean the " men in black" and the " peasants in green" ? I really enjoyed the " candle- dance" in the darkness of stage, pity if they cut this scene out.
Were you also in London to the concert- version?

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   12th January 2012, 07:00

JaRoWi,

When I say that the production was "heavily choreographed", I really meant the movements of the singers themselves (sometimes almost balletic) and I seem to remember there being a lot of stage "business" too. I really noticed it at a performance in Nice. By this time, they were down to their third Medoro (a young Irish mezzo, Paula Murriy) who was bussed in at the last minute. I was in awe of her ability to fit into the production so seamlessly given that they had only one rehearsal in Nice.

Since the DVD runs for only 3H10, they must have left something out - I guess I'll only find out when I find time to watch it!

Yes, I was at the concert version at the Barbican.

A.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   12th January 2012, 13:26

I have the DVD of Orlando Furioso, and its duration is the same as the version broadcast by MEZZO (190 minutes).
I could not attend, unfortunately, the Theatre of the Champs Elysees to see this production live, therefore I do not know if MEZZO version also lacks some scenes.
NAÏVE opera recorded a different day, I think, that gives it a little added interest, at least for me.
In terms of quality, the image is less sharp than MEZZO, but I have not seen that has been recorded in HD . The sound is good.
Anyway, I have given only a quick glance.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   13th January 2012, 17:22

I've seen the full DVD and I'm sure it was recorded a day other than the recording of MEZZO, but has exactly the same content.
Upon returning to see it from a perspective slightly different from MEZZO, I turn to account for the interesting staging, the adequacy of the scenery to the magical world of Alcina and how well resolved are some situations, such as For example, the two scenes of seduction, wonderful both:

1.Alcina seduced by Ruggiero: Apart from the precious "Sol da te" Philip's aria of seduction almost irresistible unconscious, during which the seduced and seductive roles change, Jennifer Larmore makes an impressive Alcina, flawlessly expressing how they break down all his evil arts, all their defenses, before this "cavaliere gentil" has fallen into their networks and to which, suddenly, she feels helpless and captive. From this time Ruggiero is the strongest but he does not know.
The depth of the wound that the innocent seduction of the gentleman has caused Alcina is shown in another scene, which I think is brilliant, in the aria "Cosi potessi anch'io" when the magician sees the other side of the stage to object desires, indifferent to their pain and unattainable as a dream. I think a scene very expressive and very exciting.

2: Orlando seduced by Angelica Veronica Cangemi and Marie Nicole Lemieux embroider this scene with an unexpected sexual tension between Angelica wants ruthless simply that Orlando vanish from her life at any price, and powerful gentleman in front of her is completely defenseless. Great scene, enveloping sensuality.

At the forum, except JaRoWi comments have not been mentioned just this opera, despite its tangled plot is splendid from all points of view. Most, like me, we just MEZZO version (and now the NAÍVE) and were not in Paris as her, but I love to read your comments. smile

To JaRoWi: Can you tell us more?. Do you think the missing scenes in the recorded version? What were those scenes?. reverence
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   13th January 2012, 18:51

Dear Rosamunda:

Thank you for you excellent post [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I haven't seen OF yet. I downloaded it but I want to spend a whole quiet evening watching it. I enjoy very much reading your opinions and reviews about this opera, thanks to that I'm warming up before watching it!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   14th January 2012, 00:36

I've been the whole day re-playing Sol da te. It is just amazing, I can't help listening again and again. It's so touching and intoxicating. The flute and Philippe's voice playing together [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm without words. I would have loved to be there in Paris...

Could anyone share his/her own review or experiences listening to this opera live?
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   14th January 2012, 02:19

I forgot to say that NAÏVE likes close-ups and medium shots far more than MEZZO, and me too I like more.
In addition NAÏVE is totally in love with Philippe, so that when he is on stage, sing or not sing, the camera follows him as if magnetized, even if it is another character who is singing an aria important.
I understand perfectly NAÏVE camera, I can not take my eyes off him. lol
Some scenes are photographed much better than MEZZO, with more sense of drama each character. In general, NAÏVE recording I like better.
I totally agree with Pilarddcc: Could anyone share his/her own review or experiences listening to this opera live? kiss
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   14th January 2012, 08:46

Take a look here, please! horseman

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   14th January 2012, 10:46

Dear Artaserses:
You're absolutely right, and as almost always betrays me English.
I have read several times everything you wrote on that topic (I love the views of others), but written here in my post I was referring to the two recorded versions and the differences might be between them and reality.

JaRoWi writes:
"One DVD ? For the whole opera? Or I don´t understand something?"
and;
"Do you mean the " men in black" and the " peasants in green" ? I really enjoyed the " candle- dance" in the darkness of stage, pity if they cut this scene out."

Nightspell writes:
"Really strange indeed!" and doubt about the possibility that NAÏVE version can be well recorded from the technical point of view.

Artemis writes:"Since the DVD runs for only 3H10, they must have left something out - I guess I'll only find out when I find time to watch it!"

These aspects are what I tried to clarify, but then I get carried away by the beauty of opera and talk about everything.

And of course I would not mind to continue to give your opinions, though you shall have written on another topic.

Forgive my clumsy English, Artaserses, I've said many times that I want to say one thing and saying another term. blush
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   15th January 2012, 23:34

I have given an original DVD of "Orlando" to a friend and, unfortunately, has some sound problems: the volume varies throughout the 1st act and clarity of the voices is variable.
I do not know if it will be a problem only for your DVD. I hope so but I am very sorry for my friend. sorry
My copy is flawless (but I'm not good enough to be changed to yours). Cool
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   17th January 2012, 09:44

Review of the new DVD:

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   6th February 2012, 12:59

The DVD is released today! dance

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   6th February 2012, 19:23

Artaserse:
Well, I have the DVD of Naïve from January 10 through FNAC, I think I bought in pre-launch period.
Now that you can review the DVD many more people, I would like to do again the questions that I did the last January, and I repeat:

JaRoWi writes:"One DVD ? For the whole opera? Or I don´t understand something?"
and;
"Do you mean the " men in black" and the " peasants in green" ? I really enjoyed the " candle- dance" in the darkness of stage, pity if they cut this scene out."

Nightspell writes:"Really strange indeed!" and doubt about the possibility that NAÏVE version can be well recorded from the technical point of view.

Artemis writes:"Since the DVD runs for only 3H10, they must have left something out - I guess I'll only find out when I find time to watch it!"

In my opinion has not cut anything or omitted any scenes, or music, or sing or dance. But I was not in Paris, who can tell me what does not appear on the DVD?. reverence
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   6th February 2012, 20:00

Orlando Furioso - for orders in Germany have a look to amazon:
It's available only from 17.2. - but instead of ordering from abroad I prefer this way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011   Today at 17:59

Back to top Go down

Orlando Furioso/Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1